A Simple Quiz
I would like for you to take a simple quiz. Here we go.
(1) How long did the Hundred Years War last? Answer: 116 years—from 1337 to 1453.
(2) In which month did the Russians celebrate the October Revolution during the Communist Era? Answer: November 7th. Russia's calendar was 13 days behind.
(3) From which animal do we get catgut? Answer: Sheep.
(4) Where do Chinese gooseberries come from? Answer: They're fruits grown in New Zealand.
(5) What kind of creatures were the Canary Islands named after? Answer: A breed of large dogs—the Latin name for "Island of Dogs."
(6) What is a camel hairbrush made of? Answer: It is usually made of squirrel hair.
This quiz wasn't so simple after all. These questions seemed to have an obvious, self-evident answer, but they didn't. Answers can sound right and be dead wrong.
Often in life we are faced with what we think are easy answers to easy questions. And often just the opposite is true.
We need God's knowledge for everything, especially when we think we don't! If you want to get a high spiritual score, don't assume you know the answer. Make sure by checking the facts in God's Word. Of course, most won't, but as Paul said in 1 Corinthians 14:38, "But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant."